Copper Country Veterinary Clinic is looking to add an Associate Veterinarian and Licensed Veterinary Technician to our team!
Résumés can be sent to email@example.com or the clinic address.
Fast-paced and growing AAHA-accredited 3 doctor veterinary practice, located in Houghton near Michigan Technological University, seeks associate veterinarian. Must practice quality medicine, have good communication skills, and be compassionate, client-oriented, and a team player. Practice is 95% small animal/5% large animal and has a new ultrasound, new portable dental unit, digital radiology, K-laser unit, Abaxis in house lab, farm call vehicle with vet box, portable x-ray unit, and PowerFloat equipment for equine dentals. The staff is a strong team, highly trained and enthusiastic about veterinary care. As a group, the staff and doctors are close and often do gatherings outside of work to enjoy local restaurants, outdoor activities, etc. Copper Country Veterinary Clinic is located in the beautiful Keweenaw Peninsula of the Upper Peninsula, which offers an excellent school system, many cultural and recreational opportunities, and lots of snow in the winter with a moderate climate. For those unfamiliar with the area, Houghton is known as the gateway to the Keweenaw Peninsula as it is an easy drive to locations like Copper Harbor, Eagle Harbor and Eagle River in the peninsula offering numerous outdoor activities, restaurants, and beautiful sites. It is also 2 hours from Marquette, which is a larger town offering more shopping. Four day work weeks and alternate weekends allow for plenty of time to enjoy all of the activities the Upper Peninsula has to offer. Competitive salary plus production with an excellent benefit package which includes a SIMPLE IRA, medical insurance, vacation and sick leave, CE allowance, professional license and dues. Contact Dr. Rebecca Vollrath or Tara Raffaelli at 906-482-1771 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: ccvc.cc
Experience preferred; excellent wage and benefits package. Send resume with references to: Copper Country Veterinary Clinic, 904 W Sharon Avenue, Houghton, MI 49931; e-mail — email@example.com; or FAX 906 482-8766
The Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT) is trained to assist the veterinarian in providing pet-care services offered by the Clinic. This position has a supervisory responsibility over the Patient Care Staff in assuring that appropriate care is being given to the pets and that the proper protocols are being followed for the cleanliness of the clinic.
Required skills, knowledge, abilities, and physical demands:
- The Licensed Veterinary Technician must possess an LVT certificate from the state of Michigan.
- Take histories, provide treatment to routine problems, and give counseling to clients.
- Collect urine, perform skin scrapings, draw blood.
- Take and process radiographs
- Perform routine lab procedures and tests in hematology, biochemistry, chemistry, microbiology, urinalysis, and serology.
- Assist DVM with physical examinations that help determine the nature of the illness or injury.
- Perform and maintain anesthesia.
- Administer medications, vaccines, fluids, and blood products as prescribed by the DVM.
- Record temperature, pulse, and respiration
- Dress wounds, apply splints and other protective devices, and clean teeth.
- Perform catheterizations—urinary, arterial, and venous.
- Perform ear flushes, intravenous feedings, and tube feedings.
- Operate electrocardiographic and radiographic equipment.
- Assist DVM in surgery by providing correct equipment and instruments.
- Assure that monitoring and support equipment such as anesthetic machines, cardiac monitors, scopes, and breathing apparatus are in good working condition.
- Maintain treatment records and maintenance logs.
- Maintain inventory of all pharmaceuticals, equipment, and supplies needed in the float and surgery areas.
- Knowledge of clinical operations and procedures.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- This position requires long periods of standing and the ability to lift and carry at least 40 lbs.
Expectations of all Employees:
- Maintain work areas (clean and clutter free)
- Always remember that the client comes first and is the reason we are here!
- Be positive, friendly, and smile!
- Assist the doctors in any manner needed, at any time
- Scan all areas (including parking lot) for messes or trash and clean up
- Assist co-workers as needed
- Record items needed in ordering book when the item is running low
The Licensed Veterinary Technician works in all areas of the clinic. This is a generally fast-paced situation, frequently requiring multi-tasking skills and a broad knowledge of the practices and policies of CCVC. Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
Continuing education requirements:
The Continuing Education credits required to maintain a Licensed Veterinary Technician license for the State of Michigan.
Continuing education will be made available through major national veterinary conferences and state conventions and through in-house training opportunities and training seminars/conferences as they become available.